Ron's Refuse has always been a local, family owned and operated business. Through the years, we have experienced a number of changes in the way refuse is collected and disposed of in our city. The following is an explanation of the range of services we offer, and the guidelines to be used in determining what level of service you require. If you have any questions, please call us at (402) 475-3392. Our office is open Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4 pm.
Once & Twice a week curb service
Once a week service is designed for the household that doesn't generate much trash and is not recommended for families. There is a limit of three (3) 30-gallon garbage cans or one (1) 90-gallon cart per pickup. Once a week service is done on either Monday or Tuesday depending on your location.
Once & Twice a week carry-out service
Carry-out service (trash can be placed up by house) for an additional $4.00 per month. This service is for household trash only. Large or bulky items must be placed curbside.
Yard Waste Collection Service (includes a cart)
This service runs April 1st through November 30th each year. Yard waste is defined as grass clipping & leaves. Garden weeds & brush/tree trimmings may be disposed of with regular trash. Branches must be shorter than 4' in length and bound together with twine in bunches.
90-gallon carts are available for an additional $1.50 per month.
Residential Trash Pick-Up Guidelines
- Office Hours: 7:30 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. Monday - Friday. (402) 475-3392
- Garbage should be along side of curb or alley (where ever truck picks up) by 6:00 A.M.
- No grass or leaf pick-up on regular scheduled days. (April through November.)
- Limit: Three 32 gallon garbage cans per pickup.
- Brush: No larger than 3 inches in diameter, 4 feet in length and bundled.
- Cannot Haul: Dirt, rock, bricks, concrete, batteries, oils, tires, paint, or appliances.
- Cannot Haul: Household hazard waste. (If in question, call Health Dept. @ (402) 441-8021)
- Use Regular garbage cans or bags (NO SUBSTITUTES) NO BARRELS.
- Service will be stopped if no payment for 3 months.
- (Reconnect Fee $5.00 within the 30 days $15 after 31 days).
- Penalty charge will be added after due date each month. ($2.00).
- Notify office when discontinuing service to avoid being charged.